Law Enforcement Issue Group
Chairperson: Wornie Reed firstname.lastname@example.org
The primary focus areas for the Dialogue on Race Law Enforcement Issue Group are eliminating racial profiling, achieving law enforcement employee hiring that resembles the county’s racial makeup and supporting community policing efforts. This work takes time, persistence and consistency of purpose.
“What started as a conversation evolved into…action.”
Anthony Wilson, Blacksburg Police Chief
Local Law Enforcement
- Blacksburg Police Chief Anthony Wilson’s letter of support for this work.
- Networking for Change Facebook page, part of the Dialogue on Race Law Enforcement Subcommittee
Books & Badges
The Books to Badges program offers two years of tuition funding for those seeking a career in law enforcement. Click the button to download the application.
Articles & Resources
- Arrests and Traffic Citations data 2010-2012 (pdf)
- Memphis and Racism in Policing by Wornie Reed (pdf)
- Wornie Reed’s What the Data Say, a blog about race & social policy and other social issues.
Virtual on Zoom until further notice. To serve on this group or to ask questions, contact: Wornie Reed, email@example.com.
Dialogue on Race Issue Groups